Wednesday, June 24, 2009

# 33 Read 50 Books in 2009


I finished 2 more books this week, bringing my total to 31 for the year. I Am The Messenger by Marcus Zusak was a good read, I really enjoyed it. Ed a 19 year old ordinary guy going about his boring life, gets caught up in the middle of a bank robbery. After that day he received playing cards in the mail, instructing him to complete tasks. He needs to figure out what to do with each one of these tasks, ultimately changing peoples lives and his in the process. Even thought it is located in the YA section of the book store, this book was not written like a YA book. I give it 5 * I really really liked it will will pass it along.

The next book I read was Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham. This big brick of a book was pretty funny. Once you get use to the writing style of this book, it's hard to stop reading. It's written in the style of emails. All the correspondence this through email, so the story goes pretty fast. All of the emails are through Holly's inbox at the start of her new job as a receptionst and goes on form there. I can't really say to much w/o giving away what happens, but it was fun to read some one elses emails for once, they are always more interesting! lol I will give this book 4* for cuteness!
Holly's Inbox

No comments:

Post a Comment