Thursday, July 16, 2009

I am trying, but not hard enough!

I just re-read my "list" and some of the things that I put on it I didn't even remember! I think I need to print out a wee list for my purse. I need to be reminded of things constantly, seeing how most of the things that I have put on the list have been waiting to get done for some months or years now!


Last week I highlighted # 26 Put boxed photos in photo albums. I have the photos organized, and I have the albums, I even pulled the tote out of the cluttered office, so that it is in front of my face. So instead I have used the tote as an end table, purse, book, laptop holder! WTF? I need to promise myself to work on that project & finish it before the moth end. I have a weeks vacation with hardly anything planned..no excuses!
But I did complete one task last week. No need for a cookie though...


#72. Go to a Concert with Sister-in-Law
And that we did. S won tickets while she was at Preakness to see Staind, Shimedown, Chavelle at the Mariweather Center in Columbia Md. I put this project on my list because S had never ever been to a concert in all her 23 years of life! Whaaaat!? I know. I went to my 1st concert when I was 12 to see NKOTB. S called me all excited "I wont tickets to see Staind woooooo whoooo...who is Staind?" I know she a crazy mo fo. But she knew all the songs she just didn't know who sang them....all the time, this coming from a girl who didn't know who Jodeci was, or when Sweet Child of Mine by Guns n Roses was being played by a local band while out one night she yelled "Woooo Whoooo FREE BIRD!!" Yeah, got to love it! We had a blast, and she has the concert bug, but only if she can figure out who the performers are, I have a feeling she will be going to more shows.


#33. Read 50 books in a year..just finished my 34th book since 1/1/2009


This was a quick read. It's from the YA (young adult) section of the book store, I have no shame in my reading game yo, by reading YA! So it's about a girl who is 17, Mia, her family; mom, dad and lil brother (7) are going to a friends house and they get hit by a truck. The family dies and she is the lone survivor. This story is from Mia's point of view. She is telling the story out side of her comatose body. She sees and hears everything that is going on. She follows her other grand parents and friends through the hospital. It's not as morbid as it sounds. She needs to decide if she is going to stay or let herself die along with her family. There are also many music references in this book, so if you like music this is a good pick for you too. I give it 4 1/2 * since it made me want to cry..and I don't cry during books or movies dammit!

Ok I think that is all I have to report for now, but like I said I am going to work harder on my list!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment